Axiom Verge 2 is an action-adventure game developed by Tom Happ. Originally slated to release on Nintendo Switch in Fall 2020, it was delayed to the first half of 2021, while also being announced to simultaneously release on the Epic Games Store platform.
DECADES LATER… OR IS IT CENTURIES EARLIER?
Life. Afterlife. Real. Virtual. Dream. Nightmare. It’s a thin line.
It’s Axiom Verge.
Hiding in a cargo lift in Antarctica is what appears to be an ancient, alternate Earth, complete with mountains, lakes, deserts, and the ruins of a civilization. But you get the feeling that something else is lurking just past the fringes of reality, waiting to pull you in.
- Climb your way across a variety of terrains
- Exploit enemies through hacking
- Venture off with your remote drone
A small preview of items & enemies:
- Urns: If you break open one of these you’ll gain new powers and abilities from the entities trapped inside. But at what cost?
- Compass: This lapis lazuli pendant sparkles with light. As you draw nearer to an urn, the light coalesces to point in its general direction.
- Drones: These mechanical foes attack you on sight. But like anything with a computer at its core, they can be hacked, each for varying effects.
- Save Shrines: Every time you stop at one of these, a tiny piece of you is left behind. This allows you to be reborn if you take too much damage to continue.
- ...And something else. You sense there is a bigger secret to this world. What could it be?