Axiom Verge 2 is an action-adventure game developed by Tom Happ. It will be released in 2020 on Nintendo Switch.
DECADES LATER… OR IS IT CENTURIES EARLIER?
Life. Afterlife. Real. Virtual. Dream. Nightmare. It’s a thin line.
It’s Axiom Verge.
Hiding in a cargo lift in Antarctica is what appears to be an ancient, alternate Earth, complete with mountains, lakes, deserts, and the ruins of a civilization. But you get the feeling that something else is lurking just past the fringes of reality, waiting to pull you in.
- Climb your way across a variety of terrains
- Exploit enemies through hacking
- Venture off with your remote drone
A small preview of items & enemies:
- Urns: If you break open one of these you’ll gain new powers and abilities from the entities trapped inside. But at what cost?
- Compass: This lapis lazuli pendant sparkles with light. As you draw nearer to an urn, the light coalesces to point in its general direction.
- Drones: These mechanical foes attack you on sight. But like anything with a computer at its core, they can be hacked, each for varying effects.
- Save Shrines: Every time you stop at one of these, a tiny piece of you is left behind. This allows you to be reborn if you take too much damage to continue.
- ...And something else. You sense there is a bigger secret to this world. What could it be?